Can you answer these true or false questions about pumpkins? Answers are at the bottom--how did you do? A quick quiz about one of our favorite holiday crops!
1. Almost every State in the U.S. grows pumpkins.
Bonus: Can you name the state that grows the most?
2. Pumpkin leaves cannot be eaten.
3. Pumpkins can weigh more than 1,000 pounds.
4. Pumpkins have more potassium than a banana.
5. The 2018 pumpkin crop in Oregon was valued at nearly $10 million.
6. Pumpkins like coffee grounds.
1 Pumpkins (https://www.agmrc.org/commodities-products/vegetables/pumpkins)
2 Oregon pumpkin crop value up 50 percent (https://vegetablegrowersnews.com/news/oregon-pumpkin-crop-value-up-50-percent/)
3 How Pumpkins Grow with Coffee (https://groundtoground.org/2011/04/06/how-pumpkins-grow/)
ANSWERS: 1. True; Bonus: Illinois 2. False-they can! 3. True 4. True  5. True  6. True 
Business Retention and Expansion (BRE) comes in many flavors. Making sure there is a workforce available to help support your industry is critical and often tough. Log truck driving careers can be a fast transition compared to other trades and pay very well!